Overnight Egg Casserole
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the hash browns, ham and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg substitute, milk, pepper and Dijon mustard; pour over the casserole, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into squares; serve with salsa on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for my family for breakfast. I followed the recipe except I used all eggs instead of eggs and egg substitute. I also didn't add the dijon mustard(personal preference). We enjoyed this as it was something different for breakfast. It was also nice that I made it up the night before and just had to pull and pop in the oven in the morning.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I came to this site in March of 2004. It was then called Recipezaar. This site was the first on-line site that I ever joined. I first popped in 2003 while searching for a Peach Cobbler Recipe. In March of 2004, DH was having shoulder surgery and I was looking for a Split Pea Soup. Once again I found myself on Zaar as it came to be called. Over the years I hung out and learned from some of the best home cooks in the country, I posted over 700 recipes on the site, reviewed over 3500 recipes and posted over 3000 food photos. Over the next 10 years the site made many changes and in 2010 it was sold to to Food Network and became Food.com. Until last year we played games, talked and shared with one another. As a result of the community and the relationships I built I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the country. I also have a great number of friends that I have never meet face to face. Some of us still hang out at various places across the net. Zaar was more than a cooking community. It was an internet community of friendship. Life is an adventure ever changing.