Oven Baked, European Style Salami
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and blend well. Shape the meat into 3 logs about 8 inches long. Wrap tightly in a few layers of cheesecloth and tie the ends tightly with cotton twine. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 to 225.
- Place the logs directly on the middle oven rack with a pan on the lower rack to catch any drippings. Cook for 6 - 8 hours.
- The logs will be cooked in five hours. Over the next 3 hours, they will become drier. To discover how dry you prefer the salami to be, you could remove one of the 3 logs from the oven after six hours, one after seven hours and finally after eight hours. Mark the log so you will know your preference.
- When done, place the logs on a cookie rack and allow to cool. Remove the cheesecloth before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!