Orange Streusel Loaf Cake
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 orange cake mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice (I use 2)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- For streusel topping, place 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar, butter or margarine and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Mix well with fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans, if using.
- Set aside.
- For cake, combine remaining cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes (do the entire 3 minutes).
- Pour batter into pans.
- Sprinkle with streusel mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes.
- Remove loaves from pans and let cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and milk or orange juice in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled loaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!