Best Orange Dreamsicle Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Set out Cool Whip to thaw.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions for a 9x13 pan,.
- After the cake is done and you bring out of oven, poke holes throughout the cake with a fork.
- Prepare Orange jello with 1 cup of boiling water and pour over the cake.
- Allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together with hand mixer (or other) instant vanilla pudding with 1 cup milk.
- Stir in orange and vanilla extracts, mix well.
- Fold in Cool whip Spread over the cake and chill for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this cake with a few tweaks in it and everyone loved it. I used the yellow cake mix and used orange juice instead of water and add 2 drops of red food coloring and orange extract to bring out the orange taste, after the cake was done made holes in it with the bubble tea straw which is fatter that the regular straw. Also tried it with real orange juice and the zest of the orange. it was a real hit with my Bible study group and the nurses at the rehab place that's taking care of my mom
Hi i made this cake today but it seems quite soggy from the jello? It this normal? I seen some comments mention it was soggy day made but by the next day it was fine. I hope this is the case. I was hoping to take to a picnic but now im worried i did something wrong though I folled instructions exactly.