Orange-Sesame Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry
Given to me by a friend.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1 bunch bok choy, stalks and leaves cut in half lengthwise then in pieces crosswise. leaves and stalks separated
- 2 small red peppers, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Cook sesame seeds on large nonstick pan over medium heat until golden. Set aside. Cut chicken into chunks.
- Put chicken and cornstarch into a ziptop bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in the same pan until hot and add chicken. Stir fry 5 minutes until opaque in center. Remove to large plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add bok choy stalks and red pepers.Stir fry for 5 minute.
- Add leaves , stir fry 2 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients, stir into pan , return chicken , stir until simmering.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmm!!! this was so fresh tasting the orange flavour really came through and I just love that taste of the sesame seeds on top. Putting the chicken in cornstarch gives the chicken a very nice texture when eating it, very soft and moist . DH said this was very, very nice, and yes! I would love you to make it again, so I guess I will. I served it with Jasmine rice. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.Reply