Orange Mousse Pie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 large oranges, chopped, drained (2 cups)
- Preheat oven and bake pie crust according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix gelatin and orange juice; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange peel with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add softened gelatin; blend well.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into orange mixture; gently fold in chopped oranges.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Garnish with additional orange peel, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW!!! What a scrummy dessert, and easy to make! Similar to a light refrigerated cheesecake but more like a sunny, orangy, summers day cloud! I didn't use pastry however, I just did the crushed biscuit and melted butter base. I also used tangelos for the juice and peel which gave a magnificent flavour and naval oranges for the pieces folded through. I made this for hubby who is not a sweets person but couldn't stop eating it (which was good as I would have eaten it all myself and become sick...) and then made it for a dinner party where it also got TOP ratings from EVERYONE, and it has now made it into my Folder of Best Recipes! I highly recommend this recipe to all. If I could give it more stars, I would.