Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pie
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) chocolate crumb crusts, ready crust
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 3⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping
- In saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over milk. Let stand about 1 minute, then stir over low heat until gelatine is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate and continue cooking, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted, then stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and stir occasionally, adding Bailey's about 5 minutes after removal from heat.
- When mixture forms mounds when dropped from a spoon, fold in whipped topping and turn into crust.
- Garnish with whipped topping and shaved chocolate curls if desired. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Sorry but we did not care for this at all. Made as directed & it turned out stiff, because of the gelatin I'm sure.Mousse should be fluffy & lite.Being concerned the kids would get into it was another downside. The alcolhol flavor was toooo strong for our taste. Giving it 3 stars for ease of preparation.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)