Bailey's Chocolate Mousse (Perfect for St. Patrick's Day)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the milk and let it sit about 1 minute.
- Turn on low heat and stir until completely dissolved. About 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat.
- Let sit about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Bailey's.
- Let cool until peaks form when mixture is dropped from a spoon.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into prepared crust or serving bowls.
- Chill at least 4 hours. I know it's hard to wait, but it's worth it!
- Garnish with fruit or additional whipped topping. Enjoy!
Very nice, after reading some of the reviews I did decrease the Bailey's to 1/2 cup and next time may make it even a little less. At first I did not think it was setting up right and was runny but after cooling in the fridge it came out just right. Fairly easy to put together and nice creamy taste that looked and tasted like I'd really worked. Thanks for a lovely desert that was enjoyed by all. Made for the Irish leg of Virtual Culinary Cruise: British Isles & Ireland
I thought this was excellent and soooo easy. I used the Bailey's with a hint of mint chocolate in it, which was a wonderful flavor addition. I cut back on the Bailey's to start with, but then ended up adding the whole amount. It definitely gives it a kick, but in a good way! My whole family loved it.