Orange and Ginger Cherry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts pitted cherries
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 oranges, fruit sections of
- 6 tablespoons triple sec
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade, of preferred brand
- Combine all ingredients in non-reactive pot.
- Cook on moderate to low heat until cherries are tender.
- Remove from heat, cool, and store in refrigeration, tightly covered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working artist with a continuing culinary practice in special recipe design- I like to make jams and jellies, salsa and pasta sauce from locally sourced or personally grown produce. At the local farmer's market my friend and I sell muffins we make and also seeds from Seed Savers Exchange, which takes seriously the preservation and protection of heirloom varieties from around the world. I have self-published a children's book I illustrated and am working on a followup book with the author that continues the story of "Sophie, Circus Mouse", the first title. The illustration above is one I created for a local orchard's street sign.