One Pan Beefy Mac
photo by Mike S.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked (16 oz)
- In 4-quart saucepan, brown ground beef until almost done; drain off excess fat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in water, beef broth, tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and return to a boil.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently, 12 minutes or until elbow macaroni is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a fantastic recipe! Very easy and delicious. I modified it a little just to accommodate what I had on hand. But I'm sure the original is just as good. First, I cut the recipe in half just because I had half a can of tomato sauce and a half a box of pasta opened already. Turned out to be the perfect amount for me, my wife and our 9 year old. And then I used 2 cups of chicken stock instead of beef stock/water because I didn't have beef stock. I used bow tie pasta instead of elbow. But that's about the only changes and it turned out great. This will definitely be in the rotation from now on!
see 6 more reviews
My family loved this. I did change it up a bit. I used 4 cups of beef broth instead of adding broth and water. I also used 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning instead of the basil and oregano. I didn't have fresh parsley and forgot to add the dried. I also used a teaspoon of minced garlic instead of two cloves. I used Dreamfield pasta which was a 13 ounce box. This had a nice bite to it but wasn't too spicey. Hubby did add some pepper to his but everyone else enjoyed it as served. Will be making again.