Olive Oil Plum Cake
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 125 g whole wheat flour
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 80 g demerara sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 450 -500 g firm plums, sliced
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and sea salt into a bowl.
- Beat the butter with hand-held mixer until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the olive oil and beat at medium speed for 1 minute, until the mixture is smooth. Scrape down the bowl and beater.
- Add the sugar and beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl and beaters between each addition.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed, until the mixture is very light.
- Slowly add the flour and beat just until incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the 23 cm springform pan with a removable bottom lined with lightly buttered parchment paper and spread it out evenly using a spatula.
- Arrange the plums on top in concentric circles, pressing them down into the batter. Sprinkle with Muscovado sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Bake the cake in the oven at 180°C for about 40 - 45 minutes, until the edges of the plums are beginning to color and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool for 10 minutes on a rack before releasing the sides of the springform. Then let it cool completely before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!