Oooh La La! French Savoury Ham, Cheese and Olive Cake
photo by m2morton
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
1 Savoury Cake Loaf
- Heat oven to 200C or 400°F.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until pale yellow and frothy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, olive oil, melted butter, wine and port.
- Chop the ham, cube the cheese and slice the olives.
- Stir in ham, cheese, olives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into greased bread tin, loaf tin or cake pan (11 X 4 inches would be a good size).
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve cold in slices or as sandwich bread.
- This can be frozen in slices or as one whole loaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this today..I found gruyere cheese at the deli for $18.00 a lb. So, needless to say I substituted. I used a mix of swiss and marble jack. I also used green olives and added (1/2 tsp salt ,big mistake,green olives were salty enough).and 1/4 tsp pepper. I greased a 11x5 pan very well (should of pam sprayed)and (it still stuck)used my conv oven,took 40 minuites to bake..No one liked this,thought it was too salty,had too much olives and ham..And it stuck horribley,I would recommend pam for sure...I did not give this a rating as everyones taste are different..