Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate
My Grandpa used to make this on cold winter nights, always hit the spot. Easy and delicious, warms you right up! Especially good with a shot of Baileys on a really cold night!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon sugar (more or less depending on preferance)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Heat milk, butter and vanilla on stove top until just boiling.
- Combine cocoa, sugar, cinnamon in mug.
- Pour milk into mug and stir.
- Top with whip cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This tasted like hot milk w/ some other things added in. There is not near enough cocoa, or anything else. Ended up starting over & I added 2 tbs of cocoa, and 1 tbs of sugar. Omitted the vanilla. Perhaps it is a typo? 1 tsp of cocoa does not make any difference to a cup of milk besides change the color in my opinion. Sorry.