photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make basic scroll dough Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub flour into butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs (alternately, combine in food processor then transfer to a large bowl). Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Using a knife, mix together to form soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth. Roll out to a 30cm x 40cm rectangle with 1 short end closest to you.
- Spread Nutella over dough, leaving a 2cm border along the short edge furthest from you. Sprinkle hazelnuts and sultanas evenly over Nutella.
- Starting from short end closest to you, roll up dough like a Swiss roll. Using a sharp knife, trim ends then cut roll into 9 even slices (see note). Lay scrolls flat, in 3 rows, on prepared tray, allowing a 2cm space between each. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. Stand for 5 minutes on tray before gently pulling apart. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live..