Non-Dairy Coconut Pudding
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, plus enough water to make 2 cups of liquid .. do not use the light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler. Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and Coconut.
- After pudding has cooled either pour into cooled pre-baked pie crust or ovenproof bowl.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Spoon on top of pudding, spreading evenly to cover entire surface and sealing well to edges.
- Bake at 350°F in top half of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Cool slightly or refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We recently moved to 8 acres in Gold Hill,NC. Our grandkids love to come out and run through the 4 acres of pasture and roast marshmallows over a fire. We love it for the peace and quiet. My husband is a writer so it gives him space. The dogs love it because they can bark at the wild turkeys and deer and run around the 3 acres we have fenced in for them.