Cocada Amarela --Yellow Coconut Pudding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cocada amarela seems to be the Angolan dessert to try!!! Posted for ZWT.
- Ready In:
- Open the coconut, cut it in easy to handle pieces and grate about half of it (about 2 cups worth).
- Combine the sugar, water and cloves in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it boils, stop stirring and allow to continue boiling until it reaches the temperature of 230 degrees on a candy thermometer. This may take quite a while.
- Reduce the heat to low. With a slotted spoon remove and discard the cloves. Add the grated coconut, a little bit at a time, and mix well. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. The coconut should become translucent. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks until they thicken slightly, for about 1 minute. Stir in about 1/2 cup of the syrup and mix. Pour this mixture into the saucepan with the remaining syrup and stir together thoroughly.
- Cook over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, stiring frequently, until the pudding thickens enough to pull away from the bottom and sides of the pan. Spoon the pudding into individual serving plates. Let cool, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION