No Yolk Hummus Filled Deviled Eggs
photo by Chef RZ Fan
- Ready In:
- 6 egg whites, hard boiled peeled and cut lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup hummus, any flavour
- slivered almonds
- red pepper flakes
- Remove eggs yolks from hard boiled eggs. (save them for a treat for your dog!).
- With a pastry bag (or freezer bag with corner cut off), pipe hummus into egg half hollows.
- Top with desired garnishes. Parsley goes well with almost any variaty of hummus, slivered almonds or paprika are nice on traditional flavoured hummus, and red pepper flakes pair well with roasted pepper hummus. Experiment to find your perfect combination! :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We still used the yolks, only used 1/3 cup of hummus. Turned out great. We rarely have mayo in the house, because I am the only one that will eat it and that is occasionally. So This was a great alternative. Even my kids love it. They like it more than the eggs made with mayo. Next time we will try the straight hummus.
see 1 more reviews