Becky's Tiramisu! (No Raw Eggs)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
For the Syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup espresso or 2/3 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (coffee flavored liquor) or 1/4 dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 lb lady savoiardi (Italian lady fingers)
- cocoa powder or chocolate shavings, for topping
For the syrup:
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Add coffee and Kahlua (or liquor of your choice).
For the filling:
- Whip the heavy cream, vanilla and sugar until soft peaks form.
- fold cream into the softened mascarpone cheese.
- Place a layer of the lady fingers in the bottom of a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon half of the coffee syrup over the lady fingers, making sure they are all evenly coated.
- Spread half of the cheese filling over the layer of lady fingers.
- Repeat another layer of lady fingers, coffee syrup, and remaining cheese filling.
- Use a knife or a flat spatula to spread the top smooth.
- Cover and let sit up to 24 hours before serving. I let mine sit for as little as three hours and it was fine.
- Before serving, dust top with cocoa, or top with shaved chocolate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation