Neely's Gorgonzola Creme Sauce
photo by JackieOhNo!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter to melt; throw in the shallots and saute until tender.
- Add the heavy cream (or half and half) and let reduce by half.
- Turn heat to low, add the Gorgonzola and stir until it melts.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Incredible! It went together so easily and was so packed with flavor! I served this Recipe #456703, but even ended up putting some on my potatoes too! It makes plenty of sauce, but make sure you use it all. I tried to reheat some of the leftover sauce and it was not the same as when it was freshly made. Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe. Made for ZWT7 by a Hot Pink Lady.
Wow...what a great sauce. I used this on a nice strip steak and loved the flavors of the gorgonzola in the sauce. The sauce was quick and easy to throw together and really makes a wonderful addition to a nice cut of meat. Go light on the salt because gorgonzola can be on the salty side. I can't wait to try this on some chicken. If you enjoy having a good steak and like gorgonzola cheese, you are going to love this recipe. Thanks for another keeper, JB. Made for Summer 2009 Photo Tag.