Mushroom-Spinach Matzoh Kugel in Muffin Pans
photo by PamC6283
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
24 individual kugels
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced thin in food processor
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth or (10 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth, undiluted
- 7 matzohs, broken by hand into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease or spray muffin pans for 24 regular-size muffins.
- Heat olive oil in wide skillet over medium-high to high heat. Saute mushrooms, celery and onion until liquid from vegetables renders and then evaporates so that mushrooms brown slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir the water into the vegetables in the pan to release any browned bits. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs with chicken broth. Stir in matzoh pieces and seasonings, then stir in spinach and mix well. Add mushroom mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pans, filling level with top of cups.
- Bake 25 minutes, till golden brown. Run a knife around the sides of each kugel to loosen, remove from pans and serve immediately or cool on wire racks, wrap and store for reheating later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!