Mushroom-Gouda French Bread Pizzas
This can be a snack, appetizer or lunch. I used simple white mushrooms, regular Gouda cheese and jarred marinara sauce, but you can get creative with this. The combination of the Gouda with the mushrooms created such a delicious difference over the usual mozzarella cheese.
- Ready In:
- 2 French rolls
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup prepared marinara sauce or 1/2-1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shaved gouda cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Open french rolls and lay out on sheet pan with insides facing up.
- Smooth marinara/pizza sauce on each roll surface evenly.
- Alternate a few mushrooms, with some shaved cheese, mushrooms, shaved cheese and then a little sprinkle of basil.
- Bake for 20-25 min or just until cheese is melted and browned in a few spots -- ovens vary.
- Slice into smaller pieces for an appetizer or snack. Serve with a tossed salad or fruit for a great lunch!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
What a nice surprise appetizer. I made this with a small baugette of French bread. I think the flavors of the cheese and basil were outstanding together. A nice balance with the marinara sauce. They were the perfect little bites. I did use smoked Gouda instead of plain, because that's what I had in my refrigerator.<br/><br/>I will miss you Miss Vicky. RIP