Ezekiel Bread Pizzas
Great healthy and wholesome pizzas to make for dinner or snack. Eat warm or cold. Play around with the recipe for own personal taste or to limit prep time. You can use your favorite pasta or pizza sauce instead of making your own and/or add or take away ingredients like veggies and meats to fit your mood for the day.
- Ready In:
- 10 slices sprouted wheat bread
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato puree
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach (stems removed)
- goat cheese (or both) or fresh mozzarella cheese (or both)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- dried basil
- dried italian seasoning mix, mixture
- garlic powder
- Roast garlic on large baking sheet with sea salt and olive oil for 20 mins at 300 degrees F.
- On the stove top put tomato puree in saucepan and add a couple teaspoons of sea salt and garlic powder, then add a couple tablespoons of basil. Add crushed red pepper to taste for a spicier sauce. Let simmer.
- When garlic is roasted remove cloves from sheet and sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning mixture onto the pan and garlic oil. Spread the oil across the sheet to coat it evenly. This will create a nice seasoned crust.
- Place Ezekiel bread slices onto sheet snugly next to each other. For Extra space in the middle of the sheet break slices in half to use that space for half slices.
- Take tomato sauce and place 2 tablespoons on each bread slice and one on each half slice. Spread the sauce over the slice. If using fresh mozzarella, place that on top of the sauce first. If just using goat cheese, place the fresh spinach on top of the sauce first. Then, crumble goat cheese atop of the spinach and place the roasted garlic gloves on each slice.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350°F.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I love the cleanness of Ezekiel bread! This is a great alternative to unhealthy pizza but I prefer to use the Ezekiel pita pockets for a thin crust option. I always make my own sauce in order to leave out sugar (tomato sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning) and usually top with mozzarella.
I make this pizza often. The crust is exceptionally flavorful exactly how the recipe states. I think the crust is what makes this pizza so yummy. It's hard not to indulge. I use the 7 sprouted grain bread that's in a red bag. I use my own homemade pizza sauce or a jar and it always comes out delicious. I change up the toppings or do an assortment.