- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 12 slices square bread, crusts removed (white or whole wheat, I prefer the whole wheat)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 slices Kraft processed cheese slices
- Melt butter in a large fry pan and add the onions and mushrooms, Saute until soft.
- Add Mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, egg,salt& pepper, cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Roll each crustless slice of bread to flatten it, butter each piece and cut each slice into 4 square pieces.
- Press bread pieces, the buttered side down, into a tiny muffin tins.
- Fill with mushroom mixture (about 1 1/2 tsp to each tartlet).
- Cut the 3 cheese slices into 16 pieces so you will have 48 pieces and put a piece on top of each tartlet.
- Bake in 350f oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Join The Conversation
These were delicious, quick and so easy. I've made them several times now with different types of cheeses and they turn out great. I omit the cheese slices on the top and put an extra pinch of parm or cheddar. I've also done these without the mushrooms and used green pepper - equally as good. Very versatile!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
On January 10 2010 I will celebrate 9 years of Life with Zaar. I can't imagine being without it! It has become part of my daily routine. I feel very privileged to be one of the hosts on the Photo Forum. Taking photos of my culinary efforts is a full time hobby and I love it. My friends all know what to expect when they come to dinner "Are you finished taking pictures?" or "Did you get a photo of so & so?" I never let them wait too long and the food is NEVER cold! I now have over 6000 photos on Zaar - some fairly good and some definitely not so good. I am happy to say that practice does help. My roots are in Vancouver BC Canada - a very beautiful city that holds many wonderful memories for me. In 1990, I decided that for my retirement years I may want to settle in a smaller community and found a slice of heaven in the North Okanagan B.C. I love living here but every once in a while I miss the bright city lights, the Broadway shows and some of the small wonderful ethnic restaurants that Vancouver abounds in. That is easily resolved. I just take a trip to the coast, visit with friends for a weekend see a show and feast on Dim Sum or other specialty foods. I am getting a bit long in the tooth but was a very adventurous person. I have river rafted Hell's Gate on the Fraser river, been up in a glider over Hawaii (no not a Hang Glider!), gone hot air ballooning in the Napa Valley & the Fraser Valley, driven dune buggies on the dunes in Oregon, Para sailing in Mexico and tried many other adventurous, challenging, fun things. I have yet to try bungee jumping or sky diving. I may do them yet. I love to travel and experience other cultures. Mexco has been a favorite haunt. I have visited that lovely country many many times. Australia is another favorite as is England! In the past 16 months I have taken off 61 pounds and feel wonderful. I am off all medications and all systems are GO! In years I may be 79 but in spirit I am still in my forties. We are only as old as we allow ourselves to feel. Always think positive. Do something a bit challenging every day & always do something silly every day. Be a kid again! Laugh every day - it is internal jogging. Here are a few of my photos <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowFullscreen="true" src="http://w615.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w615.photobucket.com/albums/tt233/Bergylicious/ABM slideshow/d95d7a18.pbw" height="360" width="480">