Multigrain Baking Mix
This is from the local paper. Wanted to post to save it for later.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and finely diced
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cornmeal (pref. stone-ground rather than degerminated)
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil (or some other mild tasting vegetable oil)
- In a 4-quart mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the canola oil.
- Stir oil into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Store in large air-tight container or several smaller ones in fridge or freezer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation