- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (Thawed and squeezed dry of liquid)
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 egg
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 12 phyllo pastry sheets (9X13)
- Mix all ingredients well in bowl except Butter and Phyllo.
- Butter 4 Phyllo sheets and stack together.
- Place 1/3 of filling mixture in a long roll along the long edge of the Phyllo Sheet.
- Roll in log form.
- Cut log into 6 pieces.
- Place in buttered 9X13 pan.
- Repeat twice as above.
- Butter all the pieces with the remaining butter.
- Bake in a 350F oven uncovered until golden brown or approximately 20 to 25 minute.
Join The Conversation
I was looking to recreate the many blissful plates of Spanakopita I've had at my favorite Greek restaurant, and this recipe really did the job. I loved that I could use frozen spinach - who wants to deal with fresh? - and that everything came together so quickly. I didn't use the egg, b/c my hubby can't eat them, but it didn't seem to cause a problem with the binding. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting and thanks to your mom for creating it. It was just wonderful.