Mom's Pepper Steak
This recipe brings back alot of great childhood memories for me. This recipe is beefy in flavor, hearty for your hungry eaters, this meal is a comfort food in the dead of winter or the heat of the summer. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb top round sirloin, boneless, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 beef, bouilion cubes or 3 tablespoons beef, baste
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into julian strips
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- Slice beef across the grain into very thin, 1 inch long strips.
- Saute beef in butter until tender.
- Combine boullion, soy sauce, and cornstarch, blend into the water, add to beef.
- Cook, stirring constantly until clear and thickened.
- Add celery and green pepper to meat mixture.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Prepare noodles according to directions on the box/bag.
- Serve beef over noodles.