Minute Rice Pudding
photo by Okiegirl
- Ready In:
- Place raisins in a microwaveable bowl and add enough water to cover. Microwave for approximately 1 minute. Set aside while making pudding. (If you do not like raisins you can skip this step.).
- In another small bowl combine 2 egg yolks with 4 T. milk.
- Combine last 8 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, slowly add egg mixture, stirring rapidly.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain as much water off the raisins as you can.
- Add raisins to rice mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- When cooled enough store in refrigerator. Can be eaten warm or cold. I usually reheat a little in the microwave before eating the leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mother of 2 grown children, a girl 28 and a boy 21. I was married to the love of my life for 29 years until cancer stole him from me in early 2008. I love to cook and my husband loved to eat my cooking. I always believed that meal time was a very important time as a family. My daughter is my next door neighbor and my son lives at home while attending college, so I still have chances to fix meals and enjoy eating as a family. I love looking at cookbooks and browsing through recipes on the web. Even if I don't get to fix every one, I just like to look. The office I work at has about 75 employees and we always think of reasons to bring food to share. Everyone is always anxious to try whatever I bring. I love to bake all kinds of cookies and make all kinds of candy at Christmastime. I am most called upon for my VERY hot cinnamon hard candy. All of my posted recipes are dishes that I have cooked at least one time. I do not post recipes that I have not tasted.