Mini Corn & Ham Muffins
Very simple to make. Great for the children or as a mini appetizer. Makes approx 20-24 muffins. I have also made these gluten free-just use a good GF flour mix and add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self-raising flour (or self-raising gluten free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices ham, finely chopped
- 125 g corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- 1 slice ham, for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C Lightly grease a 24 hole mini-muffin pan.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the butter, milk and eggs together. Then stir this mix into the sifted flour. Stir until only just combined-do not overmix.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the cheese. Stir in very lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pans. Fill the holes until 3/4 full. Sprinkle over the cheese, and some extra shredded ham if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden. If using gluten free flour allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation