Almond Tres Leches Muffins
photo by Kitty Kat Cook
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (stick not soft tub margarine) or 1/2 cup margarine, softened (stick not soft tub margarine)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk (from 14oz can)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup additional sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Beat in almond extract and eggs. With wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup condensed milk, whipping cream. milk and 1/2 cup of the almonds just until combined. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (3/4 full) sprinkle 1/4 cup sliced almonds evenly over batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and drizzle each with 1 tsp of the additional condensed milk. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a young cook and as a child I was always watching cooking shows. My favorite thing to do was to pretend I was hosting a show behind the breakfast bar, lol, but I love the cooking, love the food. I am very eager to try new recipes, and that's why I am here! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />Visit my shop by clicking the provided link to access a variety of Dominican products!</p>