Mini Berry Pies
photo by MsTeechur
- Ready In:
12 baby pies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons cold water
Filling (split in two for different flavors)
- 8 cups berries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- In a food processor (or by hand) mix salt and flour.
- Cut butter into about 1/2 tbs chunks and pulse until the mixture is crumbly and butter is well distributed.
- Add water and pulse until the dough starts to look like dough.
- On your cutting board, lay out one large piece of saran wrap.
- Place dough in center.
- Put another large piece of saran over the dough, flatten slightly, then roll dough out until thin and even.
- Peel back top of saran. Using a 4 inch diameter or so cup, cut circles of dough.
- In a non-stick or prepared muffin tin, lay the dough into the cup and let it gently fall inches Press gently until dough fills tin. Leave some over the lip so you can crimp it to the top.
- Complete with all of the rest of the tins. Cover remaining dough and set aside. Put tins into fridge.
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- If you're doing two different types of pie (or more), split dry mixture in half.
- With half berries, toss half the dry and then spoon into muffin tins (that you took out of the fridge).
- With other half of berries, do the same and spoon into other muffin tins.
- Get rest of dough and roll out. Cut into strips if you want to be fancy and do lattice tops, or just do circles, or cut circles and then get ultra fancy and cut hearts or stars into the center.
- Place over the top of the filling and crimp to the pie.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a former fat girl who is into exercise and healthy living. I have lost over 100 pounds on Weight Watchers so all of my recipes will be "point friendly".