Mini Banana Chip Muffins
My kids always wondered why I kept the banana's after they started turning dark brown. Now they know why! I make muffin tops out of them. These tasty morsels seem to disappear faster than I can make them.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups white whole grain wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in sliced bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into greased muffin top tins or mini muffin tins and bake at 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These muffins turned out really nice. The sour cream added moisture and a rich quality that I really liked. I did end up mashing the bananas as I didn't care for the look of the slices/chunks in the batter. As you can see in the photo I made 24 mini muffins and 12 regular size muffins. The kids and their friends polished off about half of them after school so you could say they were a hit. Made for Fall PAC 2009. Thx KissingCook!Reply