Mexican King Ranch Chicken Casserole
photo by fcmosher
- Ready In:
- 1 -3 lb diced chicken
- 1 dozen corn tortilla, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomato and green chilies
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet saute the onion and the bell pepper in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add the diced chicken to the onion and the bell pepper mixture.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, tomatoes and green chilies, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and the black pepper.
- Line a greased 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish; layer one-third of the corn tortillas pieces in the dish.
- Top with one-third of the chicken mixture.Top the chicken mixture with one-third of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!