Mexican Corn Casserole
This is a very rich comfort food. It works great with a nice green salad. Update: I neglected to list the cornmeal in the first posting- I think that will explain Shecancooks problem. Sorry for any negative results due to this.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces green chilies, drained
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups cheddar cheese or 3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Beat all ingredients together except 1 c cheese.
- Place in casserole dish, and bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I think that the basic recipe ingredient list is wonderful, but I would decrease the amount of butter, drain the corn and green chiles and add pimento or chopped roasted red pepper. I made this recipe exactly as given and it was floating in butter and did not get as firm as it should have. I might make it again but I'll definately change ingredient amounts to make a firmer casserole.Reply