Green Chili and Corn Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (from frozen, not canned)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces green chilies, peeled
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Rinse seeds from chilis, chop the chilis and add to mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes (or until casserole is firm and has a golden brown color).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not much of a cook, but I have a long history of avidly adoring the end results of cooking. Before retirement I worked as a crime scene investigator (No, I don't know as much as the stars of CSI apparently do and Yes, I am just as good looking), which means liver is not at the top of my list for dinner. My favorite son, who is an excellent cook, alerted me to this site and I'm finding it fascinating. I enjoy languages. Can't figure out why everyone doesn't learn Esperanto. :) My greatest passion is my 17 year old wife. Well, she was 17 when I met her and 37 years later she still looks the same as far as I am concerned so she must be still 17, right? Next in order are our kids: Two biological, 1 adopted, 4 foster, and one exchange student who either belongs to us or to some people in Japan (personally I think she belongs to us!!) Next passion are the 15 (to date) grandkids. Peeves? Onions!! I loathe, hate, disdain, detest, abhor, and simply dislike 'em. A month off? Visit the kids!! After that? Maybe, just maybe, update my web page.