Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushroom beef gravy or 2 cups beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, milk, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper.
- Form into 20 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle meatballs with paprika; add onion.
- Cover; cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine gravy and sour cream; pour over meatballs; heat slowly, basting meatballs frequently.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- When sauce is heated through, serve over egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this last night and it was so good, .It was enjoyed by my hubby and me and will definetly will make this again.I served it over egg noodles and the sauce is yummy.Meatballs are great . I did add a little bit of frozen peas to sauce when cooking for the last ten minutes, tasty, This would be very good over mashed potatoes also. Glittergirl
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I live in Hot Springs, AR, but originally hail from the great windy city, Chicago. I have a house full of animals, all rescues, 8 parrots, 4 dogs and a cat. I am passionate about animals, especially ones that have been abused and neglected. If I had the money, I would buy a farm and fill it with animals that needed homes. I've been this way since I was a child and it seems I have passed my passion on to my daughter. How my poor husband puts up with us I don't know, buy he's a great guy and pitches right in with all the animals. He's a chef at a local resort (and an assistant zoo keeper when he gets home...lol).