Maui Fried Chicken Wings
photo by Kana K.
- Ready In:
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb (Japanese Panko)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Marinade
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Marinade: Combine ingredients.
- Marinate chicken for 1 hour, turning occasionally, then drain.
- Combine nuts and bread crumbs.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in beaten eggs then coat with nut mixture and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter and sauté chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes turning once, adding more oil if necessary.
- Garnish and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious flavour - I scaled recipe for 2 serves (10 wings) though used 9 V wings (already had tip cut off) which weighed just under 1K (2lb) but had to use double the amount of flour, egg and crumb mixture to coat them all and then I put on an oil sprayed wire rack (after refrigerating for an hour) and then gave the wings a light spray with the oil and baked at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes and end result was crunchy and very flavoursome wings, thank you Kana Kahuna, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.