Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts
The Macadamia nut crust keeps the chicken moist and adds a rich nutty flavor. You can also use the crust for fish. Serve with Mango Salsa or Chutney. Posted by request from Sam Choy's "Island Flavors". Prep time includes marinating and chilling.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 8mins
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb (Japanese Panko)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- coconut flakes
- thinly sliced onion, floured and deep fried
- Marinade: Combine ingredients.
- Chicken: Marinate chicken for 1 hour, turning occasionally, then drain.
- Combine nuts and bread crumbs.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in beaten eggs then coat with nut mixture and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter and sauté chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes turning once, adding more oil if necessary.
- Garnish and serve with Mango Chutney.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
My husband said this was one of the best things I have attempted to make to date! lol The only thing I did differently was I baked the chicken breasts instead of sautÃ©ing them! I cooked them or about 45 minutes at 400 degrees. They were amazing! They reminded me of the Macadamia Nut Chicken at the Kona Grill Restaurant! We will serve them at our next "asian/pacific rim" themed dinner party! :-)