Masa-Polenta Cornbread Corn Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup masa harina
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal or 3/4 cup polenta
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chile (I used dried chipotle powder)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (frozen is fine)
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add melted margarine, eggs, corn kernels, and enough milk to dry ingredients to make a thick batter, around 1 1/4 cups.
- Spoon batter into muffin tray.
- Bake muffins till golden, around 10 - 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in the USA but now live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been here since 1999. My husband is Australian. We have two daughters (born May '05 and May '07) and a yellow Labrador. I cook mainly for my family. I do my best to feed them (and myself) plenty of whole grains and vegetables, with small amounts of lean meats and "good fats". Most of my recipes will lean in that direction, although sometimes I will post something that just tastes good!