Marinade for Meat, Poultry or Fish
I have used this marinade for pork loin, chicken, and salmon and it is great with all of them! You can increase the quantities of ingredients, but this smaller amount is just perfect for us, since most of the time it's just the two of us! Cook time is marinade time.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use Crisco)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used Sugar Twin brown sugar to keep the calories down)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (fresh is better though) or 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger (fresh is better though)
- Combine all ingredients and whisk well.
- Add item to be marinated and turn to cover each side.
- Refrigerate, covered, for several hours, turning item to be marinated several times.
- Broil or grill marinated item to your taste!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The quanity, marinating time and the flavor were perfect for my small family. Used it for two rib eye steaks that I put on the grill - they were wonderful after marinating for only 2 hours. Since I decided to grill the steaks late in the day I wanted a marinade that I didn't have to leave the meat in over-night or for up to 8 hours and this was just the thing. Will definately keep this recipe and just increase it when we have company and are doing larger quantities. Can't wait to try it on other things. Thanks for posting.Reply