Maple Oatmeal Bread
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons yeast
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cups bread flour
- In bowl for standing mixer, pour boiling water over oats and soak for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle yeast over cooled mixture and mix.
- Add maple syrup, salt, oil, and 3 cups of flour and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour.
- Move to mixer and mix on low while adding remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Kneed with dough hook for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 2 pieces, put in oiled loaf pans and let rise about 45 minutes.
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!