Malted Hot Chocolate
Pour this warming treat into a heated vacuum bottle to take to the rink. Whipped cream and crushed chocolate-covered malt balls would make it even more special. Quality chocolate (such as Lindt) gives the creamiest texture.
- Ready In:
- 8 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate malt powder (such as Ovaltine)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- In saucepan, bring milk with sugar just to boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in malt powder and chopped chocolate until smooth.
- (Make-ahead: Let cool. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days; reheat.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
BRILLIANT! You have some great beverage recipes Annacia darlink!! I made this for ME only - put it into a flask, brought the wood in for the fire, and then treated myself to two cups of this delicious malted chocolate drink! No cream this time, as I had a hot chocolate this morning with cream.......LOL!!! I used Milo from a swap, it's a malted drink from Australia.(Although we used to have it in the UK, but that's another story!!) I used 85% French chocolate - I am SO spoilt in France for affordable and high quality chocolate! Made for the Comfort Cafe January 2009 - merci encore! FT:-) NB: I lowered the fat and sugar by using skimmed milk and splenda, NO guilt and ALL the taste!