photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, pinto or (19 ounce) can romano beans, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry macaroni noodles (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 onion, whole
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Peel and dice the potatoes and rinse the beans. Combine all of the ingredients except for the pasta in a large stock pot.
- When the potatoes are partially cooked, add the macaroni pasta.
- The soup is ready when the pasta is cooked. Remove the whole onion and discard. If the soup is too thick, add a bit of water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.