Macaroni and Tomatoes
My mother made this often for my daughter and her neighbor friends when they came home from school each day. They loved it and asked their parents to call my mom for recipe. Of course, it would normally be a side dish.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- While macaroni is cooking according to package directions, I cut the tomatoes in smaller pieces.
- Drain macaroni and put back into pot cooked in, add butter and Lawrey's Seasoning Salt (no substitutions).
- Stir to coat.
- Add tomatoes along with the juice.
- You could also add crisp bacon pieces when served.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thank you so much. I wasn't quite sure how to do this but have had it and love it. I am out of Lawreys but have a big bottle of Old bay. I am going to use as a substitute. Right now with Covid19 going on it is harder on us have the means to grocery shop. I just signed up on your site. Can you share very budget friendly recipes please?Replies 1
I ate a ton of this stuff growing up in the 50-60's! Delicious, cheap, and feeds a crowd. Ours was pretty basic, using just macaroni, canned tomatoes, margarine and only salt and pepper for seasoning. When I make it now, I do spice it up a bit with a little garlic salt and creole seasoning (my go-to seasoning) with the salt and pepper if more is needed. Will share my photo of the pot we just finished! Oh yeah, you gotta have a big ole pone of cornbread with this! :))3Reply
see 17 more