Sauerkraut and Sausage - Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 (14 ounce) can Bavarian-style sweet sauerkraut
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup caraway seed
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1-1 . 5-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- In a large crock pot, add all ingredients. It will be difficult to stir at first, but as it cooks down, it will become easier. It's best if it's cooked on low over for at least 8 hours.
- It does well reheated in the microwave and for leftovers for the next few days if you have any :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've made a few changes from the way mom made this... I remember coming home from school & smelling the sauerkraut cooking. My brother and I would get more excited about the kraut than if we came home to find fresh baked cookies! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. The best thing about this is that it keeps pretty well & is always better the 2nd day.