Macaroni and Cheese Pizza
photo by TokyoAlfred
- Ready In:
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (16 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F; grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare Macaroni and Cheese according to box directions.
- Stir eggs thoroughly into Mac and Cheese.
- Pour mixture into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread pizza sauce over Mac and Cheese.
- Cover with as much or as little pepperoni as you like.
- Cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for additional 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was okay. My husband and I weren't all that thrilled. I thought the cheese in the mac n cheese part would have been more noticeable, especially since I added an ounce of Velveeta to the recipe. My 4 year old said, "I like this, but I like them better separate," meaning she'd rather have pizza or mac n' cheese, but not necessarily together. .
I made this tonight for dinner for my soon to be 6 year old son, and my mom. I followed the recipe with a few changes. I made the two boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese and added the 4 eggs. I was afraid I would have a stuck mess so I lined my 8X13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil. I baked the mac and cheese/egg mixture for 15 minutes. I only used one 16 oz. jar of Ragu pizza sauce (I usually get lite sauce on my pizza). I added the pepperoni and then I only had a 8 oz. package of mozzarella cheese and used the whole package (2 cups). I covered the pan with aluminum foil and baked for 20 minutes. I took it out and took the foil off and put it back in for 7 minutes, which was perfect. It got thumbs up all around. I can't wait to try it heated the next day. I wanted to try it first with the ingredients listed, but the possibilities are endless. I plan on using mushrooms and green olives next time. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Chef at Legends Grill, on the Slammer and Squire Golf Course at World Golf Villiage and also at Champions Grill on the King and Bear Golf Course in St. Augustine, FL. I love cooking anything I can and in any style. I love to experiment and learn new techniques as often as I can. I'd say my biggest passion, however, is in baked goods, (i.e. special occasion cakes, cheesecakes, ect...)