Macadamia Nut, Cranberry, Ginger and White Chocolate Muffins
I love all the ingredients in this recipe and the muffins are delicious! They have become a favourite to bake when I plan a brunch for friends and family. Source: Local newspaper - Charlene Schmitt created these very special muffins that are somewhere between muffin and cookie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄3 cups cake-and-pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Combine dried cranberries, crystallized ginger, brandy or Grand Marnier, and hot water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg. Add brown sugar and butter and continue to beat for one minute. Stir in buttermilk.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add this mixture all at once to the egg mixture. Stir lightly until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and nuts, along with cranberry and brandy mixture, into the batter. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until tops are slightly browned.