White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, ar room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature, lightly beanten
- 1 3⁄4 cups white chocolate chips
- 3 1⁄2 ounces lightly salted coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (scant 3/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- With the rack in the center of the oven, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter twelve 3-1/2 inch muffin cups, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, butter vanilla, and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Gradually stir in the liquid ingredients just until combined. Do not overstir.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, nuts and coconut.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes or until muffins are a very light brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and eat while warm or serve cooled to room temperature on rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 days or freeze up to 1 month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!