White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie
Courtesy of Paula Deen. SOOOOOOO Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 6 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, plus
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped soft
- 6 (1 1/8 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup roasted chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (9 inch) pre baked deep dish pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 ounce macadamia nuts
- Place choc chips in metal mixing bowl. Bring cream to a simmer over medium heat. por simmering cream over chips and stir until melted. Set aside let cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smoothe (with hand mixer). Scrape bowl and mix in 1/3 c heavy cream. Add melted white choc, zest, and nuts. stir until incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread into baked pie shell and level off using spatula. Put in freezer until frozen.
- To finish pie, place ganache in microwave on low for no more than 10 sec at a time. Stir after each warming, until pours loosely (not too hot). spread ganache over frozen pie, smoothing to edges with spatula.
- Beat cream and sugar with hand held mixer until stiff peaks form. Transfer to piping bag and pie edges of pie. Sprinkle with crushed mac nuts. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for a potluck yesterday. This pie was very good, and can be easily divided to make TWO deep dish pies. My pie weighed almost 5 lbs for just one pie! I made these changes... For ingredients: use 8 oz (a whole package) of cream cheese and 7 (1 oz) white chcolate baking squares. For the preparation: make ganache AFTER cooling the pie filling in the freezer, then make the ganache over a double broiler or on the lowest heat possible over the stove, then let cool for 5 minutes before pouring on top of filling layer. It seemed to save more time for me that way. With this recipe, Paula's now the queen of heavy cream!! :-)Reply