Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Smart Balance butter spread or 1/2 tablespoon other regular tub margarine
- cooking spray
- 1 lb mahi mahi
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon light coconut milk or 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix nuts, bread crumbs, flour, and tub margarine.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay fish on the foil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake fish for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with coconut milk, and top with nut mixture. Pat mixture down so that it sticks to the fish. You can fold foil edges around fish to condense toppings.
- Bake fish for additional 12-16 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and crust is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
As I was preparing to bake this, we were hit by a powercut, with the result that I decided to use the coconut milk to marinate the fish and complete the next day. This turned out to be a very happpy decision, the fish was wonderfully flavoursome and moist. I loved the crunchy topping and all in all, this is a total keeper!! We dont get mahimahi here so I used hake fillets. Made for Consideration Tag Game, thank you!!
Very nice recipe. Used this one my DH day off, and we loved it. I didn't have SB or tub margarine, so I used real butter. The taste was melt in your mouth magic, and all the flavors blended so well. I typically salt and pepper first, so this turned the fish out so smooth and succulent. Next, added crush nuts with a bit of flour. Easy as "fish" to put together and was delicious. Thanks, Maito!