Nut Encrusted Mahi Mahi
From one of the best chefs on the island, this recipe is quick, easy, low fat and gourmet. What could be better? Wait until you taste it.
- Ready In:
- 1 1 lb grouper fillets or 1 lb red snapper
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (or pecans or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray, for baking pan
HONEY SOY GLAZE
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (or more)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse nuts until coarsely chopped.
- Add cornflakes and pulse both together until flakes are in small pieces but not broken down.
- Add chopped parsley, salt and white pepper to the mixture and spread on a platter.
- Roll the fish fillets in the cornflake breading and press it on the fish with your fingers to make it stick.
- Spray the baking pan, lay the fish fillets inches.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- The fish should still be moist and delicate- not overcooked or dry.
- While the fish is baking, mix the honey, soy sauce, and dry mustard until thoroughly integrated.
- Place the mahi mahi on a dinner plate with rice.
- Pour a little honey soy glaze over the fish and drizzle a little around it on the plate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation